- We further recommend that the president's term of office be limited to a maximum of two five year terms
- Ministers appointed under the new constitution should be subject to confirmation by parliament both at central and provincial governments' level.
- The judiciary must be an independent branch of government and not be under the Ministry of Justice. The judiciary should control its financial and administrative affairs free from executive involvement, though necessarily subject to parliament's ultimate control over the budget.
- The agreed constitution should be subjected to approval by the people through a referendum supervised by SADC and the African Union and observed by the international community.
- The agreed constitution should be subject to review by an expert commission at ten year intervals.
- The new Constitution must provide representative, accountable and multiparty government; respect for the rule of law; and the promotion of the fundamental human rights of all Zimbabweans.
- Promote reconciliation, peace and healing; and to reduce tensions resulting from past violence;
Clarify and acknowledge as much unresolved truth about the past as possible;
Respond to the needs and interests of victims;
Contribute to justice in a broad sense, ensure accountability and responsibility for past actions from organisations and institutions, as well as potentially from individuals;
Identify the responsibilities of the State, of military and police, and of other institutions and organisations for the violence of the past; and to make recommendations for change that will reduce the likelihood of future conflict.
Yahoo! Answers - Got a question? Someone out there knows the answer. Try it now.